centering output of Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg112011] centering output of Manipulate
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <alexei.boulbitch at>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 06:14:58 -0400 (EDT)

Dear community,
I sometimes try to center the output of the operator Manipulate on the
notebook page. Previously I did it using Menu/Format/TextAlignment/Center.
Today David Park posted a nice function suitable for these purposes.
However, after the centering I can see only the left half of the output
panel. In contrast,
usual (e.g. not wrapped by the Manipulate) graphics always admits
This is an example:
  Manipulate[Plot[a/x, {x, 0.1, 1}, PlotRange -> {1, 10}], {a, 1, 2}],
  TextAlignment -> Center]

Do you know the way to center the interactive graphics in general and
Manipulate in particular in such a way that it
1) is visible completely centered within the cell on the screen
2) is visible completely centered horizontally on the page when printed
(evidently not interactive in this case)
3) is visible completely centered horizontally on the page in the pdf
file version (evidently not interactive also in this case)

Best, Alexei

Alexei Boulbitch, Dr. habil.
Senior Scientist
Material Development

ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter

Tel: +352 2454 2566
Fax: +352 2454 3566
Mobile: +49 (0) 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby
notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly
prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original
transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5391 (20100823) __________