Re: Solve[Function] 2 quick questions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg112021] Re: Solve[Function] 2 quick questions
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 06:03:50 -0400 (EDT)

It would help a lot if you supplied an actual case. Otherwise the question
is too vague.

David Park
djmpark at

From: Lea Rebanks [mailto:lrebanks at]

Hi All,

I have 2 quick questions regarding the Solve[Function].

Firstly I wish to use Solve[eqns, {A, B}] on a simple system of equations
with missing variables A & B.

However I wish to constrain the results from Solve ...

1# - For all values of A and B to be positive values.

2# - One of the variables, say B, to be a positive integer.

Please could someone show me the correct coding for these 2 requirements
with a simple working example in both cases.

Many thanks for your help & attention.

Best regards,

Lea Rebanks...