Selecting points from graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg112026] Selecting points from graphics
  • From: "Kent A. Vander Velden" <kent.vandervelden at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 06:04:44 -0400 (EDT)

In Mathematica 7, I plot data using ListPointPlot3D[...] and
Graphics3D[Sphere[...] /@ data] to quickly see if outliers exist, but
finding the exact value of the outlier is not so quick. Currently, I only
know to narrow down the list using Select[...] sometimes preceded
by PlotRange with Manipulate[...]. I'm hoping there is a way to select and
report on points from the plot. Ideally, the selection would pass
information about the selected point to a separate function. If either of
these is possible, would someone point me in the correct direction?

Thank you