- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg112094] Re: FindRoots?
- From: Mark Adler <madler at alumni.caltech.edu>
- Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 06:19:38 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
On 2010-08-28 23:51:42 -0700, Sam Takoy said: > Is there a command for numerically finding all roots of a function in a > given interval. If not, what's the best way of accomplishing this task? NSolve and NRoots does that, but only for polynomials. I think you'd have to roll your own to search for the roots in an interval of any function. If you consider functions like Sin[1/x] from 0 to 0.1, you can see that it might be quite difficult to do in general. Mark