Re: C compiler error Mathematica 8 and Cuda

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114341] Re: C compiler error Mathematica 8 and Cuda
  • From: adakkak <adakkak at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2010 02:14:03 -0500 (EST)

On Nov 30, 3:05 am, Camille JORDAN <ynce... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to use Cuda in  Mathematica 8
> and somehow I do get an error with the C compiler
>
> This is the error
>
> CreateLibrary::invxpth: The "XCompilerInstallation" option set to
> $Failed is not valid. "XCompilerInstallation" must be a string
> pointing to the C compiler directory.
>
> I do not have microsoft visual studio installed but I do have
> microsoft visual C express
>
> I was reading here
>
> http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/CCompilerDriver/tutorial/Spe...
>
> that microsoft visual c express can also be used
> Anyone knows how to set it up?
> Thanks

Microsoft Visual Studio Express 9.0 does not contain a 64bit compiler
and is therefore not supported by CUDALink when running the 64bit
kernel. The list of supported compilers on the system is returned by
CUDACCompilers and information about what is supported and what is not
is found in the documentation under
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/CUDALink/tutorial/Setup.html#43715449

The best bet currently is to install the visual studio 9.0 trial which
lasts 90 days (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?
FamilyID=83c3a1ec-ed72-4a79-8961-25635db0192b&displaylang=en) . You
may also want to look at www.dreamspark.com which gives you access to
the full VisualStudio 9.0 software if you meet dreamspark requirements.