Re: How to bring up specific doc page programmatically?

Thanks for all your suggestions!  They are filled with many useful
bits of Mathematica that I did not know yet.

I settled for the solutions using

FrontEndExecute[FrontEndToken["OpenHelpLink", ...]]]

...because I like being able to control whether to reuse the default
viewer or not.

~kj