Re: FileName Widget

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114509] Re: FileName Widget
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 21:58:54 -0500 (EST)

Have you tried the menu command

Insert  |  File Path...

Bob Hanlon

---- leigh pascoe <leigh at evry.inserm.fr> wrote:

=============
Has anybody written a widget to find and return file names. For example
if I want to import an image or data file into mathematica, or assign a
file name to a $Variable, it would be very convenient to have a function
key that launched a windows style widget that permitted searching
through directories (starting with My Computer or C:) and selecting the
appropriate file. The full path of the selected file would then be
inserted at the cursor.

That seems such an obvious tool that it must exist already, but I
haven't seen reference to one anywhere. Anybody?

LP