Re: Re-virginating Manipulates?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114522] Re: Re-virginating Manipulates?
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 06:14:43 -0500 (EST)

On 12/5/2010 6:55 PM, AES wrote:
> In article<idd7p4$nd7$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
>   Bill Rowe<readnews at sbcglobal.net>  wrote:
>

>> The CleanSlate package is a standard package that has been
>> shipping some time with Mathematica and is still present in
>> version 8.
>

> Then why am I looking at a screen which says
>
>        Your search - CleanSlate - in Documentation Center
>        did not match any documents
>
> [Admittedly this is in 7, since I haven't loaded 8 yet; but can
> something as important -- and complex -- as a true, up to date,
> CleanSlate commend actually be in version 8 (in any meaningful
> definition of "in"), and not have any documentation anywhere in the
> Documentation Center.]

Hello;

I think it is not in the documenation center, may be becuase
it is in a separate package that needs to be loaded first?

But I just wanted to mention that it is in both, version 7 and 8:

----------------- Veriosn 7------------

In[1]:= ?CleanSlate
During evaluation of In[1]:= Information::notfound: Symbol {At Line = 1, the input was:,?CleanSlate,CleanSlate} not found. >>

In[2]:= $Version
Out[2]= 7.0 for Microsoft Windows (64-bit) (November 11, 2008)

In[3]:= Get["Utilities`CleanSlate`"]
In[4]:= ?CleanSlate

CleanSlate[] purges all symbols and their values in all contexts that have

In[1]:= $Version
Out[1]= 8.0 for Microsoft Windows (64-bit) (November 13, 2010)

In[2]:= ?CleanSlate
During evaluation of In[2]:= Information::notfound: Symbol {At Line = 2, the input was:,?CleanSlate,CleanSlate} not found. >>

In[3]:= Get["Utilities`CleanSlate`"]

In[4]:= ?CleanSlate
CleanSlate[] purges all symbols and their values in all contexts that have

--Nasser