Re-virginating Manipulates?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114519] Re-virginating Manipulates?
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 06:14:10 -0500 (EST)

On 12/5/10 at 9:55 PM, siegman at stanford.edu (AES) wrote:

>In article <idd7p4$nd7$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
>Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>The CleanSlate package is a standard package that has been shipping
>>some time with Mathematica and is still present in version 8.

>Then why am I looking at a screen which says

>Your search - CleanSlate - in Documentation Center did not match any
>documents

>[Admittedly this is in 7, since I haven't loaded 8 yet; but can
>something as important -- and complex -- as a true, up to date,
>CleanSlate commend actually be in version 8 (in any meaningful
>definition of "in"), and not have any documentation anywhere in the
>Documentation Center.]

The CleanSlate package existed long before the Documentation
Center. The documentation for this package simply has not been
updated to be compatible with the Documentation Center. The
package is present in version 7 and does work with version 7.

Try loading the package using either
Needs["Utilities`CleanSlate`"] or <<Utilities`CleanSlate`