Re: Nested Manipulate and LocalizeVariables -> False

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114556] Re: Nested Manipulate and LocalizeVariables -> False
  • From: Dean Shough <dean at shough.com>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2010 06:49:03 -0500 (EST)

I can give an answer to my own question.  By dumping Manipulate and using Dynamic instead I get:

n == 5;
x == Table[RandomReal[], {20}];
Column[{
  Row[{Slider[Dynamic[n], {1, 10, 1}], Dynamic[n]}],
  Dynamic[Column[Table[With[{i == i},
      Row[{Slider[Dynamic[x[[i]]]], Dynamic[x[[i]]]}]

This was taken from the Dynamic tutorial with the outermost DynamicModule stripped off.  I had tried for over a week using Manipulate with no progress.  Once I gave up it took me just one morning of reading plus a few minutes in Mathematica to get something that works.  Hopefully the real problem will go smoothly.

----
Dean