Trigger actions when variables change

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114643] Trigger actions when variables change
  • From: Rui <rui.rojo at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 01:55:04 -0500 (EST)

I want Mathematica to emit a sound, e.g EmitSound[Sound[SoundNote[]]],
every time ControllerState["B1"] becomes True, for example.
It got me thinking that I don't even know how to make Mathematica do
anything when certain variable changes in a certain way (apart maybe
from redefining Set). Isn't there an event or something with Dynamic
I'm overseeing?

Thanks