Re: Calculate a numerical integral with enough precision

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114715] Re: Calculate a numerical integral with enough precision
  • From: alphatest <iliurarfwpuap at mailinator.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 06:54:03 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the reply.

When I use your solution without "Quiet" option, there's a warning that says "NIntegrate failed to converge to prescribed accuracy after 9 recursive bisections" and "the error estimate is 0.0022138", I think it has to be less than 10^-10 for the correct result. When I add "MaxRecursion -> 16", the result is 3.10103848106 and the error estimate drops to 0.0000649488 which guarantees correct result up to 4 decimal places but is still not enough. If I increase MaxRecursion, I get other warnings like "GlobalAdaptive has increased more than 400 times". Increasing WorkingPrecision or PrecisionGoal or changing integration method doesn't help. Does Mathematica fail to compute this integral or am I missing something?