ODBC-connection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114735] ODBC-connection
  • From: Andre Koppel <akoppel at akso.de>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 06:57:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,
some days ago I have send a question, but did not get any feedback,
possibly it gots lost.
So again:
I have installed Mathematica 8 on a Windows 7 64-Bit-System. I have also
installed a 32-Bit and a 64-Bit ODBC-driver
to connect to an Informix-Database. Both ODBC-driver do coexist without
any problem and they are working still fine.
(have tried both using 32-Bit and 64-Bit Software (Excel and so on)).
Additionally I have installed the JDBC-connector.
On a 32-Bit-Vista using Mathematica 7 the same installation was working,
there was no problem getting data
into Mathematica using an JDBC/ODBC-connection.
On a 64-Bit-System this did not work, every time I try to connect using
the Mathematica frontend I do get
an error.
Is there any other way to connect to a ODBC-Source (without JDBC)?
Kind regards
Andre

--

*Andre Koppel Software GmbH