Re: bibtex support in Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg114861] Re: bibtex support in Mathematica 8
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <alexei.boulbitch at>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 00:16:22 -0500 (EST)

Dear Community,

Following the post of Stephan I tried to insert an EndNote citation (EndNote 9, Mathematica 8). It did not work:
Menu/Insert/Citation/Bibliographical Reference opens an empty dialog box, that sees no data base
(that has been open before the above operation).

A bug?

Regards, Alexei

has anyone had success with the bibtex support in Mathematica 8? I can't even type in a bibtex file. If I write some text in a text cell and open Insert ->  Citation in the menu. The submenu contains only "Bibliographical Note..." but no dialog for a bibtex- or endnote-file or so.

Alexei Boulbitch, Dr. habil.
Senior Scientist
Material Development

ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter

Tel: +352 2454 2566
Fax: +352 2454 3566
Mobile: +49 (0) 151 52 40 66 44

e-mail: alexei.boulbitch at

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or
otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby
notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly
prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original
transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.