Re: switching between versions 7 and 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114887] Re: switching between versions 7 and 8
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 00:21:06 -0500 (EST)

Well, both the v7 and v8 apps have the same name (which is the cultural
expectation on Macs), so in order to have them both installed, you either have
to rename one (or both) of the apps, or install them in separate folders. But
aside from that, it should just work.

Inside Wolfram Research, people do this all the time, and it is never a matter
of anything more than renaming the app.  If you're having a specific problem,
you should clarify exactly what your issue is.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group