Median filter

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114907] Median filter
  • From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 02:36:13 -0500 (EST)

Hans,

I wonder if the median filter is really what you want, because ideally
you want the values that you keep to remain unchanged, I think. You
really want something that turns outlier values into NotVailable - say
every point outside 5 sigma. I could very easily make something like that.

10^7, 5, 6.6, 22.0, 3000 => NA,4,6.6,22.0,NA

Regards,

David