Re: bibtex support in Mathematica 8

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg114908] Re: bibtex support in Mathematica 8
  • From: Armand Tamzarian <mike.honeychurch at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 02:36:24 -0500 (EST)

On Dec 21, 4:22 pm, John Fultz <jfu... at wolfram.com> wrote:
> Which platform are you on?  Right now, BibTeX (and EndNote) support exi=
sts only
> under Windows.  We'd hoped to deliver it at least on Mac for v8 as well=
, but it
> just didn't make it for v8.

And yet (to the frustration of this user) it is touted as a new
feature in the Mac version:

guide/SummaryOfNewFeaturesIn80
Insert > Citation -- integration with both EndNote and BibTeX citation
styles

And it is fully documented in the Mac version:

tutorial/CitationManagement) (no mention made that it doesn't work on
Macs!)

There was a thread recently about the standard of documentation. We
appreciate the enormity of the task of documenting functions but in
this case Wolfram clearly dropped the ball by including documentation
of functionality that doesn't exist.

(and I note another post where someone wasted a lot of time because of
this inaccurate addition to the documentation)

Could you advise what other Mac documented new features are Windows
only?

thanks

Mike

 But you should register your interest with Wolfram