Re: about the use of button

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115037] Re: about the use of button
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 05:56:51 -0500 (EST)

You cannot use an underscire in a variable name since the underscore is used to represent a pattern object.

Compound expressions use a semi-colon.

carWeight = 1000; personNumber = 0;

Button["A person enters", carWeight += 60; personNumber++]

{Dynamic[carWeight], Dynamic[personNumber]}

Bob Hanlon

---- yang <sun.lanyang at gmail.com> wrote:

Hello, I'm a novice in Mathematica, now got a little puzzeled:

I'm intend to create a button which take two actions while clicked:

Button["A person enters",
{Dynamic[car_weight+=60],Dynamic[person_number++}]]

seems that this sentence won't work properly,

There must be some error with the grammar, right?

--

Bob Hanlon