Re: typesetting problems or bugs? need a professional stylesheet

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115042] Re: typesetting problems or bugs? need a professional stylesheet
  • From: Simon <simonjtyler at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 05:57:45 -0500 (EST)

Your problems 1 and 2 are not really problems. Mathematica behaves this way so
that expressions like sin and log are typeset properly (unlike TeX,
Mathematica does not use an escape character for such objects). If you really
want to reduce the space between your \[CapitalDelta] and your x, try
using a \[VeryThinSpace] (<esc> </esc>) or an \[InvisibleSpace]
(<esc>is</esc>).

As for a stylesheet that mathematicians would use to write a
professional manuscript I can't really help you.
If you can't find one out there, then maybe you could try writing your
own.
Read the tips in the documentation center:
http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/Stylesheets.html
Also David Park's tips: http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/Mathematica.html
If you have any specific questions/problems post them at this
newsgroup or at stackoverflow.com
If you do find or write one, maybe you could document it at
http://www.mathematica-users.org/

Simon