Re: typesetting problems or bugs? need a professional stylesheet

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg115050] Re: typesetting problems or bugs? need a professional stylesheet
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 05:59:14 -0500 (EST)

The italics setting comes from the Option Inspector option SingleLetterItalics.
As implied by the name, it only works for single-letter variables.  There's
another option called MultiLetterItalics which is False by default, but which
you can set to True.

I don't recommend doing this globally, as this would affect Mathematica input as
well as TraditionalForm.  You can have it affect TraditionalForm in a given
notebook by doing Format->Edit Stylesheet... and pasting and interpreting the
following cell expression in:

Cell[StyleData["TraditionalForm"],
 MultiLetterItalics->True]

Sincerely,