Re: how to make lines wider in legend

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107079] Re: how to make lines wider in legend
  • From: Jan Baetens <jan.baetens at ugent.be>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 03:28:14 -0500 (EST)

Hi Philip,

 From my experience I must say that the Legend-function has quite some
shortcomings, though you get round this by wrapping a plot function,
such as Listplot for visualizing your data, together with a Graphics
doing the Legend, in a Show.

Something like this should work:

Show[ListPlot[data],
  Graphics[{*everything you need for a legend, such Polygon for framed
legend, Text for the labels en Line or Point for showing the appropriate
data labels next to the Point or Line*}]]

By using Graphics for creating a legend you can embrace the power of the
Graphics function for making nice legends!

Succes,

Jan

--
ir. Jan Baetens

Ghent University
Department of Applied Mathematics, Biometrics and Process Control
Coupure Links 653
B-9000 Gent
Belgium

jan.baetens at UGent.be