Re: Glynn and Gray ebook

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107164] Re: [mg107121] Glynn and Gray ebook
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 06:28:34 -0500 (EST)

I have the electronic version, which is just a set of Mathematica version 4 notebooks.

These notebooks have serious problems when run under version 6 or 7. I started the task of updating them for version 6, but got bogged down in the process. I decided that it would be best to simply re-imagine the book, but being neither of the authors, I did not think I had the right. I ended up just using the book to get ideas for my own informal explanations.

If you are running version 4 or 5, then the electronic version might be useful. Otherwise, it might be more trouble than it is worth.

This could be an opportunity for some Mathematica experts here -- especially those who bemoan the Version 6/7 documentation. I think that a beginner's guide would be a useful book.

george woodrow iii