Re: Re: Combining InterpolatingFunctions

Thanks to those who have responded. In the responses everyone defines a
new function f[x_] using piecewise. However, I want to be able to use
the interpolatingfunctions as a replacement rule, as that is what the
rest of my code requires. In particular I use the f[x_]:=f[x] =... trick
so I don't have to compute the same pieces of code repeatedly.

Here are some example interpolatingfunctions from NDSolve,

f1 = NDSolve[{y''[x] + y[x] == 0, y[0] == 0, y'[0] == 1},
   y, {x, 0, Pi}][[1]];
f2 = NDSolve[{y''[x] + y[x] == 0, y[Pi] == -1, y'[0] == =
1},
   y, {x, Pi, 2 Pi}][[1]];

And then I want to be able to combine the two replacement functions to
act on an expression involving y, say A. If I just had one function I'd
do A/.f1, which gives me a function that I can then plot, evaluate at
different points etc. But I want the correct function f1 or f2 for the
appropriate ranges of x in A, but I don't want to specify x in the
piecewise.

So I can write Piecewise[{{ff1, 0 <= x <= Pi}, {ff2, Pi < x <= 2 Pi}}],
but that doesn't work as it doesn't have a value of x when used as a
replacement. It does work if I specify x beforehand, but I don't want
to!

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Simon