Can I set Page Setup scale for a notebook programmatically?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107453] Can I set Page Setup scale for a notebook programmatically?
  • From: Garapata <warsaw95826 at mypacks.net>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 05:21:52 -0500 (EST)

I generate a notebook from a first notebook using:

CreateDocument[
 {
  ExpressionCell[
     ...a bunch of stuff...],
   PageBreakBelow -> True, PageBreakWithin -> False],

  Panel[
    ...a bunch of stuff...
   ]
  }]

For this particular notebook, when I want to print it or save it to a
pdf file the PageBreakBelow -> True & PageBreakWithin -> False keeps
the page breaks in the right place

IF before printing, I go to File >> Print settings >> Page setup and
adjust the Page Setup scale to something like 75%.

I've tried

Options[CreateDocument] //ColumnForm

to see if I could find something set the Page Setup scale
programmatically, but nothing obvious appears as an option.  I've
looked at:

 Magnification (this only changes the display size of the notebook),
 PrintAction,
 PrintingCopies,
 PrintingPageRange,
 PrintingStartingPageNumber,
 PrintingStyleEnvironment,
 PrintPrecision

but I don't see a way to do it.

I'd like to use something like CreateDocument to generate a multi page
notebook, set its Page Setup scale, and then use Export[] to
programmatically save it to a pdf file.

Keen for your replies.

Thx