Bug in Mathematica: regular expression applied to very long string

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg107485] Bug in Mathematica: regular expression applied to very long string
  • From: dreeves <dreeves at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 05:59:14 -0500 (EST)

I believe I found a bug in Mathematica's regular expression engine:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2257884/bug-in-mathematica-reg

I've submitted a bug report to support@wolfram but also wondering if
you all have thoughts on workarounds.

Thanks!

PS: Here's an rss feed of questions tagged mathematica on
stackoverflow:
  http://stackoverflow.com/feeds/tag?tagnames=mathematica