Re: Why not a standard name used for this common function? DTFT
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg107648] Re: Why not a standard name used for this common function? DTFT
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 04:25:29 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <hlohi7$d7o$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org> wrote: > It is nice that M7 added support for Discrete Time Fourier Transform (DTFT). > A very important transform. > > http://reference.wolfram.com/mathematica/guide/FourierAnalysis.html > > But I do not understand why it was named "FourierSequenceTransform". This > name is completely non-standard. And I don't find any entry at all for that term in MathWorld . . . ???