Re: Re: Re: Arctangent approximation

Aha! I mistakenly thought the formula was a garbled version of the
Taylor polynomial around 0.  (In general, one often uses something
better than a Taylor polynomial, e.g., a Pade' approximation. But I was
unaware of Medina's polynomial.)

My apologies to the OP (Sidey).

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.