Re: Bind double-[ to keyboard shortcut

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg106200] Re: Bind double-[ to keyboard shortcut
  • From: ragfield <ragfield at>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 01:43:13 -0500 (EST)

On Jan 4, 5:01 am, "perda... at" <perda... at> wrote:
> In a previous installation of Mathematica, I had (on a Mac) Command-
> Alt-8 bound to the character representing double-[ for use in list
> indexing.
> I lost this setup in an upgrade and now I cannot create this
> customization again :-(
> Anyone know of what I'm talking?

In recent versions of Mac OS X (I think back to 10.4) cmd-opt-8 is a
shortcut used by the OS to enable/disable the screen zooming feature.
The OS steals these keystrokes before Mathematica ever sees them.  If
you don't use this feature you can remove/disable the shortcut for it
by unchecking the checkbox at System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard
Shortcuts > Universal Access > Turn zoom on or off.  With this
shortcut disabled you will be able edit your or to use this key combination.