Re: "more kernels than you are licensed"
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg106201] Re: "more kernels than you are licensed"
- From: Joseph Gwinn <joegwinn at comcast.net>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 01:43:27 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <hhshrq$kt6$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Philip <philipschiff at gmail.com> wrote: > I am running Mathematica 7.0.1 on Linux (I am more of a Windows guy, > but the group I am in only has my darling Mathematica on Linux > installations). Now I am receiving the extremely annoying error "The > kernel failed to start because you are running more Mathematica > kernels than you are licensed". > > I went to manage the system processes and killed all of those related > to Mathematica. I restarted the computer several times. I prayed to a > number of gods. What is wrong? For now I will try to start using > another system, but this makes me sad because I love Mathematica so much. Call Wolfram Tech Support with your Mathematica licence number in hand and ask. They will solve the problem. Joe Gwinn