Program Generation of Mathematica Code

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg106424] Program Generation of Mathematica Code
  • From: "Stewart Bodzin" <Stewart.Bodzin at>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 04:48:41 -0500 (EST)

I cannot figure out how to create a symbol which contains a valid list of
values and labels to use in a PopupMenu.

In the following example, the list is for cat and dog.  I need to generate a
list, represented by a symbol, and use the symbol within the PopupMenu

I have a list of labels called mylabels.   How can I use it in the PopupMenu
with the values of 1, 2, . for the values?

The symbol Mylabels = {labelA, labelB, labelC}

needs to be used to create a new symbol that will work as   { }

If the values and the arrows are set to be strings, then it does not work.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.