Re: Simplify with NestedLessLess?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg106503] Re: Simplify with NestedLessLess?
- From: dr DanW <dmaxwarren at gmail.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 03:15:51 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Thank you for asking this question; I was wondering exactly the same thing yesterday. It is fairly common in physics papers to have a complex expression and a statement like "and in the short wavelength limit (a k << 1)", then a simpler expression in which higher powers of a k are dropped. I think I saw another posting asking this question in a different way on this group just a few days ago. I don't have an answer, I am just piling on my support for this as a built in function. Daniel