Re: Simplify with NestedLessLess?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg106535] Re: Simplify with NestedLessLess?
- From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 03:21:55 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
Hi Dave, << does not have a meaning in mathematica. It is only a symbol. Therefore your expression is not simplified. You may define a new operator for your purposes. Daniel dbird wrote: > Please excuse if this has been answered before, but I can't find it. > > Is there some way to do a Simplify with assumptions using a > NestedLessLess or something similar? For example: > > d=a+b > Simplify[d,NestedLessLess[a,b]] > > Answer is: > a+b > > Answer should be: > b > > Thanks, > > Dave >