Re: Differential Eq.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg106513] Re: Differential Eq.
- From: Alois Steindl <Alois.Steindl at tuwien.ac.at>
- Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 03:17:45 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Inst. f. Mechanics II, TU Vienna
- References: <email@example.com>
Jamil Ariai <j_ariai at hotmail.com> writes: > Hi All, > > > > Can anybody kindly tell me how I can solve the following differential equation, with (x, x') = (0, 0): > > > > x''[t] -x[t] + g[t] = 0, > > > > where > > > > g[t] = b*v, for x'[t] > v, > > g[t] = b*(x'[t]-u), for Abs[x'[t]-u] < v, and > > g[t] = -b*v. > > > > Take b = 5, v = 0.2, and u = 0.1. Draw x[t] vs t, and x'[t] vs x[t]. > > > > Thanks. > > > > J. Ariai > > Hello, that looks much like a homework assignment. Who gets the credits? What have you tried so far? Alois -- Alois Steindl, Tel.: +43 (1) 58801 / 32558 Inst. for Mechanics and Mechatronics Fax.: +43 (1) 58801 / 32598 Vienna University of Technology, A-1040 Wiedner Hauptstr. 8-10