Re: Re: More /.{I->-1} craziness. Schools are conservative.

"Too old to learn a new program":  I don't think it's especially
age-related. One of the early innovators at teaching math through
Mathematica has said, "There are as many young fogies as old fogies."

You allude to the pragmatic constraint, "Do I have time to rethink how I
teach and what I teach, and to create or adopt new materials or learn
how to teach in different ways."

But perhaps more essentially there's the thinking, "That's the way I
learned it, and I turned out OK, so that has to be the right way to
teach it."

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305