Re: Re: More /.{I->-1} craziness. Schools are conservative.

Richard Fateman wrote:
> [...]
> There are lots of things that students SHOULD know that they don't
> (about alcohol, drugs, music, sex.) Mathematica per se is WAY down the list.

I once taught an optimization course. We covered, briefly, genetic
methods. At one point I found myself saying "I'm not sure it makes sense
for me to lecture students on the mating process."

> [...] It is sort of like a fine dinner, where there are some delectable
> items on the plate. You don't ordinarily welcome (on the same plate)
> evidence that the animal you are eating was grass fed -- here is its
> stomach --.

That depends on whether the cow was Open Source...

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research