Re: MatrixPlot: range of colors and plot legend?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg106898] Re: MatrixPlot: range of colors and plot legend?
- From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:36:35 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
work with ArrayPlot. To get a gray scaled representation of a matrix e.g: We may add a legend: dantimatter wrote: > I'm having a little bit of trouble with MatrixPlot: > > 1) It looks to me like the default color set goes from a pale, sandy > orange to a dark orange. Well, it would be more correct to say that > my wife told me that the default color set goes from a pale, sandy > orange to a dark orange, since I'm essentially color blind. Is there > a color set that goes from white to black through all the shades of > grey? And would I need to scale the numbers appropriately? They're > currently running from approximately 0 to 1. > > 2) Is there a command or an option that would give me a legend? > > Cheers, > Dan >