- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg106900] Re: FromCharacterCode
- From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 06:36:58 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
I can see it on my mac and not on Windows. I assume that, as with all fonts, you need an actual installed font to support seeing the character. I assume that on the Windows machine there is no supporting font but that it is presnet on a Mac. --David On Jan 25, 5:08 am, magma <mader... at gmail.com> wrote: > On Jan 24, 11:41 am, "Bruce Colletti" <bwcolle... at verizon.net> wrote: > > > Re 7.0.1 under WinXP. > > > On my machine, FromCharacterCode@1301 (as well as sundry other codes) > > returns an empty square, yet on another machine, it returns the expected > > characters. > > > Why do the machines return different results? Or does this suggest system > > corruption? Thanks. > > > Bruce > > I confirm: > What character should it be?