Re: How to edit a help reference page (e.g. NIntegrate.nb)?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg110713] Re: How to edit a help reference page (e.g. NIntegrate.nb)?
- From: Sci Diver <scidiver at gmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 08:17:09 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Hi Sci, i dont recommend doing that but here's a way i found out in favour of you: 0) close all Mathematica 1) find the file "reference.nb" (on Windows to be found at: C:\Program Files\Wolfram Research Mathematica 7.0\SystemFiles\FrontEnd\StyleSheets \Wolfram\reference.nb ) 2) open it with a text editor (and not with Mathematica) 3) do a find&replace for ALL instances of "Editable->False". replace it with "Editable->True". 4) repeat steps 1)-3) for the file "core.nb" 5) launch Mathematica 6) open your help page on "ref/NIntegrate". happy editing!!! :D And to revert to the previous state, simply go thru the steps in reverse order (6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, boom!) Good luck, Dan