Re: The side-effects of mixing TraditionalForm inside expressions.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110790] Re: The side-effects of mixing TraditionalForm inside expressions.
  • From: Andrzej Kozlowski <akozlowski at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 05:03:38 -0400 (EDT)

This information is very misleading because what you have observed has
nothing in particular to do with TraditionalForm. To see that, replace
TrditionalForm with InputForm or StandardForm and see what happens.
All these "forms" are meant only for the purpose of formatting and
should not be used inside computations as they are not stripped of after
evaluation (as, for example, Unevaluted is).

E.g:

1 + InputForm[1]

1+1

FullForm[%]