Re: Simple Question

On 7/10/2010 12:59 AM, KFUPM wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Is it possible in Mathematica to generate a stand-alone code that
> doesn't require Mathematica to exist for execution. I have done this
> in Fortran and wondering if this exists in Mathematica.
>
> Your help is appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> HMQ

Using a Mathematica player, one does not need Mathematica itself to run
the code.

Check WRI web site for more details on how to convert your code to run
in a player :

http://www.wolfram.com/products/player/

"Rather than just a reader, like Acrobat Reader, or a thin runtime, like
Flash Player, Mathematica Player has the full Mathematica  engine
embedded right there--ready to make documents come alive or to power
applets. (Of course, don't forget it can read notebooks too!) "

If you mean to actually compile Mathematica code and generate a .EXE,
then no. There is no such compiler for Mathematica.

--Nasser