Manipulate and syntax for InputField

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg110972] Manipulate and syntax for InputField
  • From: "Scot T. Martin" <smartin at seas.harvard.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 03:09:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hints on following would be appreciated:

Manipulate[
  expression[time, species],
  {{time, stopIntegration, "Time Point"}, startIntegration,
   stopIntegration, Appearance -> "Labeled"},
  {{species, "APINENE", "Species"}, FieldSize -> 8}
  ]

As intended, an InputField is generated by {{species, "APINENE",
"Species"}, FieldSize -> 8}.

The difficulty is I would like to constrain the type to String, as can be
done using InputField["xxx",String]. But I cannot quite figure out the
syntax to get String into the Manipulate formulation.

Thanks in advance!