Re: Manipulate and syntax for InputField

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111033] Re: Manipulate and syntax for InputField
  • From: Nate Dudenhoeffer <dudenhoeffer at wisc.edu>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 08:18:13 -0400 (EDT)

I am not sure how to constrain the input to a string as a manipulate
variable, but the code below should accomplish the same, only the input
field is no longer in the header.

species = "APINENE";
Manipulate[
 Grid[{{
    "Species:", InputField[Dynamic[species], String, FieldSize -> 8]
    },
   {expression[time, species]}
   }],
 {{time, stopIntegration, "Time Point"}, startIntegration,
  stopIntegration, Appearance -> "Labeled"}
 ]

-Nate