Re: total newbie

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111050] Re: total newbie
  • From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 01:05:10 -0400 (EDT)

On Jul 17, 2:16 pm, "Michael Robinson" <kellrobin... at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I downloaded mathematica tonight so I can do an assignment.  I have to
> modify a file our teacher posted on the class website, solve some equations
> and generate a curve...
> okay, this file ends in the extension nb.
> I need to know how to make the commands in the file execute.
>
> Now don't laugh.  I put the  cursor at the end of the line (for example a
> ParametricPlot command) and hit enter.  I get a carriage return.
>
> My problem is so elementary that the help menus don't even address it.

If you use a keyboard with a numeric keypad, press Enter on the num.  keypad.
Otherwise, or in alternative, press shift-Return (Return is the big
key on the main keyboard area, it is also - sometimes and erroneously
- called Enter)
Laptops normally do not have a numeric keypad, so you will use shift-
Return