Animated Gif

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111089] Animated Gif
  • From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 03:42:02 -0400 (EDT)

With Mathematica 7 it is possible to import animated Gif.
There is also a sample file one can experiment with.
I loaded it and played an animation with ListAnimate or Animate.
What is not clear to me is whether it is possible to play a loaded
Anim. Gif. without using the kernel and without all the controls.
Something like the animated banners you see on web pages.
While at the same time you are doing a calculation.
An example use could be an animated logo on a palette or notebook.
Perhaps with dynamic and a timer? Or, even better, some internal
automatic rendering , like - I suppose - a web browser does?