Multiple packages in a single application

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111082] Multiple packages in a single application
  • From: Luci Ellis <luci at verbeia.com>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 03:40:45 -0400 (EDT)

Dear MathGroupers,
I'm developing an application containing multiple packages, using
Wolfram Workbench. When I deploy it into my
/Library/Mathematica/Applications folder (on Mac OS X), the packages
refuse to load. Suppose I work for an organisation called XYZ and the
packages are all inside a folder XYZ in the Applications folder.
Then the input:
Needs["XYZ`DateListBarChart`"]
Gives the error message:
Get::"noopen" :  ""Cannot open "DateListBarChart`DateListBarChart`"."

The single init.m file contains a single line:
Get["XYZ`XYZ`"]

What am I doing wrong? Why won't the packages inside the
context/application load?

Grateful for any advice.

Regards,
Luci