Re: how to create a mathematica package

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111086] Re: how to create a mathematica package
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 03:41:30 -0400 (EDT)

On 7/19/10 at 2:10 AM, nma at 12000.org (Nasser M. Abbasi) wrote:

>On Jul 10, 1:01 am, lynette <xiao... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>how to create a mathematica package

>I wrote a small note on this.

>http://12000.org/my_notes/how_to_write_package_in_mathematica/index.
>htm

>If you find any errors, pls let me know and I'll correct it.

There is a small typo in step 3.

Cell->Cell Propertoes s/b Cell->Cell Properties

Also, instead of making the cell an initialization cell, you
could do

Format->Style->Code

after selecting the cell (or perhaps better use the keyboard
short cut for this cell style). Then going to File->Save As and
selecting Mathematica package will create the desired package.
If you then later choose to save the original notebook, you will
get the same Auto Save dialog.