MathGroup Archive 2010

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: total newbie

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg111084] Re: total newbie
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 03:41:08 -0400 (EDT)

I forgot that the numeric keypad Enter also works on a PC: I seldom want 
to move my fingers that far away from the main keyboard portion.

Do I mis-remember that, at least in early days, you had to use the Enter 
key on the old Mac keyboards?  Or did Shift-Return work there, too?

On 7/19/2010 2:11 AM, Helen Read wrote:
> On 7/18/2010 1:06 AM, Murray Eisenberg wrote:
>> You'll probably get scores of replies...  Two methods:
>> (1) If on a PC, use Shift-Enter.  (On a Mac, there's a separate Enter
>> key on the numeric keypad that does it.)
> The Enter key on the numeric keypad works on a PC too.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Lederle Graduate Research Tower      phone 413 549-1020 (H)
University of Massachusetts                413 545-2859 (W)
710 North Pleasant Street            fax   413 545-1801
Amherst, MA 01003-9305

  • Prev by Date: Re: how to create a mathematica package
  • Next by Date: Re: A ODE I need to solve
  • Previous by thread: Re: total newbie
  • Next by thread: parallel computing - obsolete functions?