Re: Inverse of a six-parameter asymmetric sigmoidal curve

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111233] Re: Inverse of a six-parameter asymmetric sigmoidal curve
  • From: "J. Batista" <jbatista800 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 05:08:22 -0400 (EDT)

If I understood the statement of your problem correctly, omitting the term
k*Log[x] works merely because the mathematical expression is then no longer
implicit.  Therefore, using your original mathematical expression, it does
not look like you are going to be able to generate x = f(y) from y = f(x) in
this case.  Your original y = f(x) is an implicit function.

Regards,
J. Batista