Re: Experimental Data Analyst

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111242] Re: Experimental Data Analyst
  • From: George Woodrow III <georgevw3 at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 01:56:49 -0400 (EDT)

The EDA is not supported for Mathematica 6 or beyond.

I used the package off and on for a while. I may have missed something, but there is almost nothing in the package that was not introduced into the main part of Mathematica in more recent versions.

What may be missing is a more thorough discussion of the techniques that the package uses than is found in the Mathematica documentation, but you can get this information from other sources, I believe. I was using the package for robust regression, which is an option in the current numerical analysis functionality in Mathematica. The discussion of how and why to use robust regression is only briefly covered in the Mathematica documentation, but there are books that cover this in a lot of detail -- more than what was covered in the package.

So, to answer your question: there are few, if any, functions in the EDA package that are not part of Mathematica 7. If you got the package, you would have to do considerable work on your own to make it work with the current version of Mathematica.

george