Re: Experimental Data Analyst

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg111253] Re: Experimental Data Analyst
  • From: Campagne <campagne at lal.in2p3.fr>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 01:58:54 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks as I have not the EDA your mail is quite relevant.

Do you know if there is in Mathematica 7 the following:
Collect data {x_i} in bins {b_0,b_1,...,b_(n-1)}and plot in each bin
b_i  first a marker at the mean value of the x_i in the bin width (the
x_i element of [b_i, b_(i+1)[), and an error corresponding to the RMS of
the distribution in this bin ?

Best.
Jean-Eric

George Woodrow III a =E9crit :
> The EDA is not supported for Mathematica 6 or beyond.
>
> I used the package off and on for a while. I may have missed something, b=
ut there is almost nothing in the package that was not introduced into the =
main part of Mathematica in more recent versions.

> What may be missing is a more thorough discussion of the techniques that =
the package uses than is found in the Mathematica documentation, but you ca=
n get this information from other sources, I believe. I was using the packa=
ge for robust regression, which is an option in the current numerical analy=
sis functionality in Mathematica. The discussion of how and why to use robu=
st regression is only briefly covered in the Mathematica documentation, but=
 there are books that cover this in a lot of detail -- more than what was c=
overed in the package.

> So, to answer your question: there are few, if any, functions in the EDA =
package that are not part of Mathematica 7. If you got the package, you wou=
ld have to do considerable work on your own to make it work with the curren=
t version of Mathematica.

--
Jean-Eric Campagne